Pages - Menu

Cabaye apologises to fans

Yohan Cabaye has apologised to Newcastle fans over the transfer saga which nearly saw him leave the club in the summer.
The Frenchman was left out of the team by boss Alan Pardew for the opening three games of the season because of uncertainty over his future.
Arsenal had a bid for him turned down and Cabaye instead remained with the Magpies, with Pardew slowly reintegrated him back into the squad.
He came off the bench against Fulham in Newcastle's last home game and started in the 2-1 win at Aston Villa on Saturday.
The midfielder was substituted two minutes from time at Villa Park and was given a standing ovation by the travelling fans, a reaction Cabaye admits moved him.
"It was very, very good to be back in the team; a really nice feeling," he told the club's official website.
"The most important thing for me is to be on the pitch and to play. I want to do my best for the club, for the team, for everyone and, of course, I want to win every game we play.
"The ovation was very nice to hear. If the fans were - or still are - mad at me for what happened then I understand and I apologise to them.
"I want to come back from what has happened. For Newcastle fans, football is their life and I want to say that I am going to give everything - as I have from my first day here - from today until the end of the season.
"In your career you do not have a career without bad moments. I have moved on and now in my head I just want to work really hard, to get back in the team every week and to help the team - that is the most important thing for me.
"I want to forget what happened during the summer, I want to put it behind me and give everything for Newcastle every day, for the club and for my team-mates."